20 March 2014

Oasis in the middle of the city


Another wonderful place I had a chance to experience in Barcelona this time was beautiful Parc de la Ciutadella and the Arc de Triomf area. I really feel bad (and slightly embarrassed) that I never visited this area while living in Barcelona. Arc de Triomf really is an impressive work of art and Parc de la Ciutadella with its beautiful waterfall is a perfect place to escape the busy city life.




The park was full of people simply enjoying the beautiful spring day and each other’s company. You could see people from different nationalities talking, eating, signing, playing games and even dancing around. Everybody seemed to have something in common, they all seemed to genuinely enjoy life and the moment their living! This was also the point when I once again was thinking how truly grateful I am to get to experience the wonderful places like this.